Portland On Ice, a winter festival celebrating the city’s arts’ scene, kicked off yesterday evening, January 25, 2013, and runs through Saturday, February 2nd.
This event is a celebration of Portland’s diverse music scene, world renowned museums and galleries, and destination shopping (which we know is fantastic!). The Portland Harbor Hotel featured an Ice Bar to get things started, and the week continues with a series of live music events. As someone who loves live music, I can only lament that I can’t be there to participate in the festivities!
Today, The Asylum is hosting a free event called Strike A Chord from 12pm – 6pm, which features interactive music exhibits from local studios, labels, musicians, photographers, and more. It also includes an instrument petting zoo and an open mic session at 3pm.
All week long, various locations in Portland will host bands and other attractions. Below are just a few from each day – for a complete listing, check out the event page here.
Saturday, January 26th:
Sunday, January 27th:
- Dobra Tea: 3-2-1 Poetry Slam
- Merrill Auditorium: Happy Birthday Mozart
- Andy’s Old Port Pub: Peter Gavett
Monday, January 28th:
- EMPIRE Dine+Dance: North of Nashville
- Ri Ra: Open mic night with Ev Guy
Tuesday, January 29th:
- Andy’s Old Port Pub: Dave Magario
- Big Easy: Mama’s Boomshack
Wednesday, January 30th:
- Big Easy: Rap Night
- Blue: Tim Adam’s Bodhran Spectacular
- Ri Ra: Jeff Cusack
Thursday, January 31st:
- Ri Ra: Kilcollins Band
- Andy’s Old Port Pub: Isaiah Bennett
- Gingko Blue: OCTANE
Friday, February 1st:
- Downtown: First Friday Art Walk
- Civic Center: Portland Pirates vs. Worcester
- Big Easy: 6th Annual Ruckus Club Classic MC Battle
- Blue: Okbari Belly Dancers
Saturday, February 2nd:
- One Longfellow Square: The THE BAND Band Tribute to Bob Dylan
- Blue: Jesse Lupica Quartet
- Civic Center: Portland Pirates vs. Albany
I hope you get out there and enjoy this great event – there are certainly plenty of opportunities!